19 January 2010

2010

Even though I started this blog a little later than the official beginning of the New Year, I've decided to go ahead and make a "resolutions" post anyway.

First, I have to say that I've never really set new year's resolutions before aside from the very ordinary, "I want to eat healthier and loose some weight." So this year I've decided that I want to compile a list of things that I want to accomplish or at least attempt this year.

Here we go...

1. I want to read 100 books.
*Disclaimer: I am an avid reader. And by avid I mean I check out books from the library almost every single day. BUT, I've never listed the books I've read so I'm interested to see just how many I read in a year. So hopefully, I'll figure out a way to start posting the books titles on here to keep a running tally.

2. Meet new people.
The Husband and I moved to the suburbs of Denver, CO in August of 2008, two days after our wedding. Unfortunately, he got a new position a couple of months into our move and now he travels M-F every single week of every single month! Since I haven't worked since we moved here, I really don't find a ton of opportunities to meet new people and make new friends SO this is where the "meet new people" thing comes in. Luckily, I've joined a book club and we have our first meeting this Thursday, so I should be meeting this goal pretty soon!

3. Learn to sew & make wonderful and fabulous *things*.
I actually do know how to sew (thank you Mrs. Yasger, my high school technical theatre teacher) but it's been a while. Luckily, my wonderful parents bought me a brand new Singer for Christmas this year, so now I have no excuses!

4. Be super crafty. (and decorate more with my wonderful creations)
Days go by when all I do is read the blogs of these wonderful women who create some of the most wonderful things I've ever seen with their glue guns, paint, and fabric. And gosh darnit, I want to be one of them! With Valentine's day around the corner, I'm already gathering materials to start the decorating! Hopefully I can post weekly on crafty ideas, projects, and decorating updates.

5. Get a puppy.
Done and Done! See, I'm already kicking these "resolutions" in the butt! :o) I've been wanting a puppy since we got married and finally this January 2, the Husband and I picked out the newest addition to the family, Stella! (insert "A Streetcar Named Desire" shout HERE) As all the puppy books so lovinly put it, she is a "mongrel" :o( so we really don't know how big she gets, but I'm excited to finally be jumping in on the everyone in Colorado has a dog bandwagon.

6. Be more organized.
I'm fairly organized, but once again the wonderful blogs of these women who are crafty are also pretty darn organized. They inspire me daily and I've already cleaned out our huge storage area and labeled all our bins. Again, thanks to my folks for getting me a labelmaker for Christmas!

7. Set and stay with a budget.
This goes along with trying to set a budget for the weekend and eating out. When husband comes home, we kind of go crazy and buy whatever and eat out for every meal. Hello, we have a Wetzels Pretzels frequent buyer card and it has about 15 punches already!

8. Exercise more often.
I live in an apartment complex that has a workout room, so really how lazy am I not to go?

9. Learn how to ride a bike/swim.
Ah, the two shames in my life. Perhaps I'll share the lovely stories as to why I can't do either of these things in a post to come, but for now just know that I can't do either, I've tried to learn for years, and blah, blah, blah I really should just suck it up and learn. *Disclaimer: If I'm going to fail on one thing in this list, you better believe it's going to be this one!

and finally the one that's going to make my Mom jump for joy and my Husband cringe...

10. Have a baby in my belly!
I don't think it was until college that I knew that being a Mom was something that I absolutely could not wait to do. (well, wait until marriage for sure) I want to have a family and I don't want to wait a hundred years. C'mon husband, all I'm asking is to have something growing inside of me by the end of 2010! :o) With this comes a lot of planning and getting my body ready. So I'm sure they'll be more updates on this as the year goes by.

There you have it. 10 things I hope to accomplish. Should we give it a "Whoo-hoo!"

WHOO-HOO!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go and succeed in all you do!!!!!
M.O.M.

Melody said...

Great resolutions!!! I can't wait to see some of your projects, I really want to get into that this year as well :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...