25 October 2011

Trip to Texas Part Uno

October is almost over! Can you believe it? I also can't believe that I once again, have gone a little over a week without blogging. Ugh, life sometimes gets in the way.

Of course with that excuse also comes the fact that Remy and I flew down to Texas for 8 days last week! To say I was nervous would be an understatement. But if I chickened out and didn't fly down my Mother would have never forgiven me! So I sucked it up, over packed and off we went.

Since I had never flown before with Remy I didn't know what to expect so I might have slightly over packed my carry on. Toys, books, a million diapers, 4 changes of clothes, sippy cups, snacks, burp cloths, and Ziploc bags were just a few of the things that were bulging out of my bag.
We got through security pretty fast and easy {minus my ridiculous effort to open the stroller which included using my one free hand and a foot} and I had just enough time to do a diaper change before we boarded.

I got a window seat in the front and proceeded to pull out some toys to keep him busy while everyone boarded. I had planned to nurse him during take off so it would help his ears but of course my child demanded his food during boarding. So everyone was boarding and there I am nursing in my seat. 

Ah, motherhood.

Of course my giant plan for him to nurse during take off was ruined but with his pacifier he was fine. A nice girl sat next to us so I felt comfortable that she wouldn't throw a fit if my child decided to throw a fit.

The 2.5 hour flight which included a stop {but no change of planes} was successfully mastered by a quick 30 minutes of playing with the drink menu {what? Remy didn't want any of the million toys I packed? Ridiculous!} and then he fell asleep for the last 2 hours!

I was amazed at how awesome he did and continually prayed my thank yous to the Lord for such a great flight. I got to enjoy my music throughout the flight while enjoying my pretzels and sprite with one awkward hand.

We landed on time and the reaction on my parents faces when they first saw him as we were coming down was well worth the nervousness of my trip. {I'll share more later on Remy with the family}.

So I had a great flight going to Texas! How was my trip back to Colorado? Well it was a bit more interesting. But you'll have to wait for that story.

P.S. To the old lady who sat in the aisle seat on the first half of the trip and then for the second half got up and moved ONE row back so you would not have to sit next to me and the kid, you're pretty ridiculous! My child was asleep the whole time!! Was I really such a bother? At least you could have moved farther away so as to seem that you just wanted a better seat. Thanks for making me feel wanted. {haha}



a :: boarding pass  b :: playing for first 30 min  c :: snow capped Rocky Mountains  d :: sleeping baby



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...