03 October 2011

I'm sorry

Dear Momma,

I'm sorry that you haven't blogged {what a funny word!} in such a long time.


I'm sorry that the laundry is piling up in the closets.
I'm sorry that the house is a mess.
I'm sorry that you forgot to pay some bills.
I'm sorry that your hair has been in a french braid for that past week because you just haven't had the time to fix it.

I'm also sorry that Daddy keeps telling you that you should probably at least start one of your many projects that you have planned since the garage is piling up with all your junk {I mean things} that you buy at thrift stores.

I'm sorry that you've been forced to eat at weird hours of the day because you just can't find the time to sit down for a full meal.

I'm sorry that you've had to take me to the doctors' twice in a week because I got my first ear infection, my first cold, and my first tooth all at the same time.

And I'm sorry you didn't get a lot of sleep these past weeks.....

But you know what Momma?

I lied.

I'm not sorry.

Wanna know why?



I'm not sorry that you didn't get to do all your grown up things because you were too busy taking care of me.

I'm not sorry that even though you wanted to sit down and eat lunch, you rocked me back and forth for hours while I cried because I was so sick.

I'm not sorry that you didn't do all your craft projects because instead you were playing with me on the floor and making sure I didn't get hurt since I can crawl now.

I'm not sorry because all those times you could have been asleep, you were singing to me and hugging me, and giving me kisses, because Momma, sometimes babies just need extra love every once in a while.

And I'm not sorry that this past week has been crazy because to me, it was just extra special Momma and Baby time.  


I love you Momma.


Love,
Remy Daen


You know what baby boy? I'm not sorry either.
"I'll love you forever
I'll love you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...