29 August 2011

21 Day Challenge: Day 15

Day 15
  Try something new with your hair

When I first read that this was the challenge, I didn't think much of it. Then as I was trying to figure out what to do with my hair I realized that I have no hairstyles. Yup, that's right. My hair is so boring now that I think about it. How sad. Why didn't anyone tell me?

I've always had a love hate relationship with my hair. My hair is thick and curly and being the only one in my family with that type of hair, I never knew what to do with it nor did my Mom when she was trying to style it. Once I hit middle school, my Mother was gracious enough to send me to the salon to get it blown out. Then, when I was in high school my life changed forever when my friend Nathalie introduced me to her Chi. Oh the precious stick straight hair that little contraption could produce. My hair was forever straight after that. Now, my hair is either straight and down or I curl it with the curling iron. People always tend to love my hair because it's so thick and jet black. I however cannot get past the many cowlicks I have, my ridiculous hairline, or the fabulous widows peak that taunts me daily. {true story, I used to cut and shave down my widows peak...that's how much I hated it!}

Back to the challenge. Kayla suggested going to Hair Romance for some inspiration and man was I captivated by all those marvelous do's! I definitely want to try and actually style my hair every now and then. I'll have to let it grow out some since I just recently chopped it all off but this challenge had given me motivation to not be boring anymore.


I had seen this video a couple weeks back and was even more intrigued by the look that your hair gets because of the method she uses. So, I tried to mimic that rolled under look without the headband.
{watch the video and try the curling method, it works but my hair was too frizzy when I tried it and anything in my hair all night gives me a headache}

flower pin-Anthropologie


I just twisted and rolled to the side and then rolled my remaining hair into a little side bun. I added the flower to jazz it up and I was done. I also bobby pinned the parts that were sticking up {which you can totally see one on the second picture}

I have to say I'm thankful for this challenge. Having my hair in an actual style feels different and new and I like it!

I hope you'll try a new do this week!

{oh yeah, I also chopped a portion of my hair to give me some bangs yesterday because I was bored since everyone in my house was napping! lol}

3 comments:

Mrs. Bennett Has Class said...

Your hair turned out beautifully! Gorgeous!

Chris said...

This is so beautiful and feminine! Absolutely lovely with the flower pin.

Kayla Moncur said...

Wow, this is SO pretty. I think it might be my favorite from the day so far.

Kayla
Freckles in April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...