23 August 2011

21 Day Challenge: Day 9





Day 9
   Monochrome


For some ridiculous reason, I cannot stop singing "Kodachrome" every time I think monochrome.  I guess I'm a sucker for rhymes.

Anywho, today was a little difficult for me, especially since I tried to not do all black and white! So as I stood and stared at my closet, I remembered that my Aunt had given me purple flats for my birthday, and bang! this outfit was born. It's more of a purple/magenta mix, but I still think it counts.

Dress- Marshall's
Shrug- Old Navy
Shoes- gifted from Khol's
Earrings- gifted from JCP
Ring- ???, I can't remember where I got it

 
Tomorrow is "wear a closet orphan."
I pretty much feel like everything is a closet orphan because if you let me, I could wear the same pair of jeans and same couple of shirts every day. I'm going to try and really dig deep through my closet and pull out something fabulous!

~

So yesterday, I decided that I was going to try and make cake pops. I happened to come by this recipe by Ashley over at Little Miss Momma so off I went to the store. Because I live in a small town, there's only really one grocery store to go to and they didn't have the melting chocolate so I used almond bark. I think they definitely would have come out better with the chocolate, so I'm going to pick some up next time I drive to civilization.

 Other than that, they came out pretty good! They're so moist that you just want to keep eating them, but of course, you must make yourself stop or you'll have a stomachache all night {not that I'm speaking from experience or anything}

I wrapped them up to take to my neighbor at her work today!


And last but not least, a fabulous picture of Remy Daen in his giraffe overalls that my cousin Dezeri bought him. I must convince the Hubs to buy me a DSLR camera for Christmas since this child is such a good poser! He deserves professional looking photos!  :o)





2 comments:

Chris said...

Ooh, what a pretty combination! I love the purple and magenta together. Your accessories rock too. Okay, now you've made me want to make cake pops - that's not fair!

Remy is indeed a very good poser. Hope you get that new camera. :-)

Amy said...

You're little boy is adorable. Tell your hubby you need that camera stat! Love the outfit, too, very fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...